I was a little concerned about whether I would be able to eat them not knowing if they were gluten free or not. One of the girls in the ward was also gluten free so they took all the precautions! It was there that I was introduced to Mission's Gluten Free Tortillas! What a find! It's so nice to have a tortilla that isn't corn! You've got to try them!
So this recipe is kind of like a taco bar. I'm not going to include specific ingredients, just how it's put together. Use your favorite recipes for beans and meat.
At girls camp we cooked them in the fire, but at home you can also cook them on a BBQ. I think they'd work fine in the oven too.
Here's what you need:
Mission Gluten Free Tortilla's
taco meat (ground beef or chicken)
1. Get a large piece of tinfoil and place your "flour" tortilla on it.
2. Spread beans on the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Get a taco shell and put your meat inside and sprinkle with more cheese.
4. Wrap up the whole taco in the tin foil. Add a second piece of tinfoil and wrap again.
5. Place in the fire or on the BBQ for a few minutes, to melt the cheese. (You want to have your meat and beans already warm.)
6. Open up your taco and add lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole. Enjoy!