desserts

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Creamy Rice Pudding

I LOVE this rice pudding!  I like it hot.  I like it cold.  I like it with or without toppings.  It's just delicious in every way!  It's super easy because it uses leftover rice.  When I'm cooking rice for dinner, I make extra and make rice pudding later. 




3 cups cooked rice
3 cups milk
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a medium saucepan combine the rice, 3 cups milk, sugar and salt.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often with a whisk.  Cook until thick and creamy, 10 - 15 minutes.  

In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and stir in 1 cup milk.  Gradually whisk the milk/egg mixture into the saucepan.  Bring back to a low boil and cook 2 - 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.  

Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.  Serve warm or cold.  Eat it plain, or top with cinnamon sugar, nuts, fruit, or chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment