desserts

Monday, January 18, 2016

Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef

I can't say enough about how much fun I'm having with my electric pressure cooker.  This recipe is definitely becoming a "regular".  The meat is so tender and delicious!  When I made this the other day, my son walked in and asked, "what smells so good?"  He said, "it smells like a fancy restaurant!"  Woo hoo!  It makes me happy when my kids love dinner!  I got this recipe from Pressure Cooking today, and made it gluten free.  Here's the link.



2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
3-4 green onions, sliced

Season beef with salt and pepper.  Put oil in the pressure cooker and select browning.  When oil is hot, brown the meat in batches until all meat is browned.  Transfer meat to a plate when browned.

Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar and ginger.  Stir.  Add browned beef.  Select high pressure, cook for 12 minutes, then use the quick pressure release.

In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water and stir until smooth.  Add cornstarch mixture to the beef and stir.  Select simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.

Stir in green onions and serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment