desserts

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Santa Fe Lime Rice

This rice is super versatile!  I love it because it can go with my "Cafe Rio" salads, or with grilled salmon.  My family likes it as a side dish to just about anything.  I prefer this recipe to other lime rice recipes because I don't like garlic in my rice.  Sometimes I add a few tablespoons of chopped cilantro to the rice cooker as well.  This is perfect because it has flavor, but doesn't necessary scream Mexican dish.  In fact, depending on what I'm serving with, I don't always add the cumin.  I like to make this in my rice cooker, but you could certainly fix it on the stove.


5 rice cooker cups of rice (about 3 1/2 cups)
3 tablespoons butter, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon lime juice, or juice of 1/2 a lime
3 chicken bouillon cubes
cilantro, chopped (if desired)
water - fill to line 5 of rice cooker

Rinse rice.  Add water to line 5 on the rice cooker.  Place butter, salt, cumin, lime juice and chicken bouillon cubes in the rice cooker.  Close lid and cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment