desserts

Friday, August 11, 2017

Bacon Pineapple Chicken Kabobs

Okay so these might be my new favorite thing EVER!  These kabobs are so tasty!  The sauce rounds out the flavors and creates a taste out of this world!  I got the recipe from tablespoon.com and just made sure I used GF soy sauce instead of regular soy sauce.  You can see their recipe here.   Everything else is naturally gluten free!

I need to apologize in advance for not having a great picture.    I totally spaced it when my son and I were making them!  When I make them again I'll take a better one, and update it.  The recipe was too good to wait to blog!  Also, here's a shout out to my son for grilling tonight!



2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 large pineapple, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
2 red peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 large onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
12 strips of thick bacon

Sauce:
1 1/2 cups (12 fl ounces) pineapple juice
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Tamari sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt

Thread skewers starting with the bacon.  Put chicken, pineapple, red pepper and onion and repeat once more.  Wrap the bacon around them.  Put on another piece of bacon and thread on the 8 items again.  Wrap the bacon around it, and thread bacon back on skewer.  Make 6 of these.

Preheat grill to medium high.  While grill is preheating, make the sauce.  Prepare the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan.  Whisk together.  Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.  Set aside until ready to use.

Grill kabobs for 10-15 minutes, turning a couple of times, until done.

Slather with hot Hawaiian sauce and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment