desserts

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Jalapeno Poppers

My friend brought these delicious cheese stuffed Jalapeno Poppers to our Neighborhood BBQ and they disappeared instantly!  I craved them for a week before I finally called and got her recipe to make them for my family!  I was also thrilled to use the gazillions of jalapeno peppers in my garden!  I learned something too.  Red jalapeno peppers are hotter than green ones.  I have some red jalapeno peppers because I left them on the plant too long.  We did a taste test. . . actually I made my husband do the taste test.  Yep - the red ones are really hot!  I let him eat those :)



25 jalapeno peppers
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cheddar cheese
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Put on gloves!!  If you don't you will burn your hands!  Wash the jalapeno peppers and cut off the stem.  Slice peppers in half, take the seeds out, and place on a cookie sheet.  In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cheese and bacon pieces.  Spoon into the peppers so it's a heaping amount in each pepper.  (I put in as much as I can, mounding it on the pepper.)

Bake at 450º for 10 - 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment