desserts

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta

This chicken pasta recipe is quick, easy and delicious!  My kids love pasta, so when my friend shared this recipe with me I knew it'd be a keeper!  The creamy sauce is light and flavorful, and the spinach and tomatoes add the perfect amount of flavor and color!


10 - 12 chicken tenders, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 cup water
1 cube GF chicken bouillon cube
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 - 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
14 oz gluten free fettuccine

Begin by boiling salt water for pasta.  Cook pasta while preparing the sauce.

Heat oil in a large skillet, add chicken and cook 3 - 5 minutes until no longer pink in the middle.  Removed the chicken and set aside in a bowl.  Add cream, water, bouillon, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.  Whisk until sauce starts to thicken.  Add chopped spinach and tomatoes.  Simmer until spinach starts to wilt.

Serve over pasta.  Enjoy!

•  I pack the spinach into a measuring cup to measure it, then pour it out and chop it.
•  I cheated and used the can of Parmesan cheese and yes, it was still delicious.
•  In this picture I used 1 tomato.  My kids don't love tomatoes, so I didn't add too many.  If you like tomatoes, by all means add more!

No comments:

Post a Comment