desserts

Friday, February 11, 2011

Layered Green Salad

This is an excellent make ahead salad.  It can sit for a few hours or overnight!


Using a 9 x 13 casserole dish put in:
   1 head lettuce
   3 - 4 green onions, chopped
   1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
   10 oz frozen peas

Topping
Mix together:
   2 cups mayonnaise
   1 teaspoon sugar
   1 teaspoon seasoned salt
   1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Spread topping over salad and put in refrigerator.

Before serving place the following on top:
   3 or 4 sliced hard boiled eggs
   1/2 - 3/4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
   2 tomatoes, chopped

Note:
•  I like to use a combination of red or green leaf lettuce, and iceberg lettuce
•  I don't think you need all of the topping.  I use about half of it.

1 comment:

  1. This one looks so yummy! I don't leave many comments, but I love your blog! I love trying out the recipes. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete