desserts

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash

I just got an electric pressure cooker and am super excited to start trying it out!  I want to start posting my recipes using it, even though they aren't much of a recipe. So EASY!

I love butternut squash, but often don't have my act together in enough time to cook it for dinner.  Now, it's a breeze!  I cooked it for 4 minutes and the squash was still in chunks, and could easily be mashed.  If you want it more firm, cook it for 3 minutes.



1 butternut squash
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper

Peel squash and scoop the seeds out.  Cut into bite sized cubes.  Place in pressure cooker with 1/2 cup water.  Season it with salt and pepper.  Close the lid and turn on pressure cooker, select high pressure and set time for 3 or 4 minutes.  (Time will begin when unit gets up to pressure.  It takes about 5 - 7 minutes.)  When cooking is done, use the Quick Pressure Release to release the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment