desserts

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Breadsticks

This has to be one of my all time favorite gluten free indulgences!  I LOVE these bread sticks!  When I'm feeling a little down on my diet this is what I make!  My son told me tonight as he was eating the bread sticks that I should open up a gluten free restaurant!  So sweet!  This recipe is adapted from eatingglutenfree.com


3 cups French Bread mix
1/3 cup dry milk powder
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt

4 egg whites
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 1/2 cups warm water


Mix flour mix, milk powder, yeast and salt in a medium bowl.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the wet ingredients.  With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.  Beat on high for 3 1/2 minutes.

Spoon dough into a Ziploc bag then cut the corner off to about a 1/2 inch diameter opening.  Spray 2 cookie sheets with Pam.  Squeeze dough onto the cookie sheet in 5 - 6 inch lines.  You will get about 44 - 46 six inch bread sticks.


Preheat oven to 400º.  Brush bread sticks with melted butter.  Sprinkle garlic powder and Parmesan cheese on top.  Let rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.

Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown.  Serve immediately.  Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Notes:
•  In this photo I did some bread sticks with fresh Parmesan and some with the inexpensive can of
      Parmesan cheese.  Both work well.
•  I use non-instant milk powder
•  I use saf - instant yeast.  It dissolves well.

No comments:

Post a Comment