desserts

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sour Cream Potatoes

I love these potatoes with the homemade cream of chicken soup!  I make this recipe with a lot of give and take.  I don't like it to be runny.  I cook as many potatoes as I need for the number of people I'm serving.  Then I add the cream of chicken and sour cream until it's the right consistency.  Then mix in the cheese.  These are the basic amounts I use, but make it how you like it best.  This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and refrigerate until you're ready to put it in the oven.


8 cups potatoes, peeled 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup cream of chicken (recipe in soup section)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup sour cream

Boil potatoes, until very tender.  Drain.  Add cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese and sour cream.  Stir together well.  You can smash the potatoes a little if you want it to be really smooth.  Pour into greased casserole dish and heat for 20 minutes at 350º.  Take it out of the oven, and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment