desserts

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I love homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.  The Tinkyada brown rice macaroni noodles in this are great!  This recipe is one that you can easily change according to your likes.  If you like more liquid, add more water and bouillon.  If you like more carrots and celery, you can easily throw them in.  I cook everything in a big pot, to make things simple!  I add about 8 bouillon cubes, and then taste it.  I add more until I like the flavor.  This is a recipe I usually don't measure things out, I just add what I feel like!


3 1/2 quarts water
7 - 8 chicken tenders, or 2 - 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 celery ribs, sliced
7 carrots, sliced
1 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
10 chicken bouillon cubes
3 cups dried noodles

Place water, chicken, celery, carrots, onion, and pepper in a large saucepan.  Boil until chicken is cooked.  Pull out chicken using a slotted spoon and place on a cutting board.  Let rest for a few minutes, then cut into bite sized pieces.  Place back into the water.  Add bouillon, dried noodles and pepper.  Cook until noodles are tender.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment