desserts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crockpot Italian Chicken with Mushroom Gravy


Before my diagnosis of Celiac disease, I used to make a recipe similar to this with canned cream of mushroom soup.  Thanks to my diet I discovered a much tastier recipe!  The fresh mushroom gravy is delicious.  I also like the green chili's in this recipe.  It adds so much flavor!  You can serve this over rice or noodles.


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mushroom gravy – recipe below
1 cup milk
1 can chopped green chili's
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1 package cream cheese, softened and cubed

Put chicken in crock pot.  Pour mushroom gravy on top.  Add green chili's, Italian salad dressing mix and milk.  Cook all day on low.  Stir in cream cheese and cover and cook until cheese is melted.  Serve over rice or noodles.


Mushroom Gravy

Saute:  8 ounces sliced mushrooms
             ½ of a medium onion
             3 – 4 T butter
Add:  1 – 2 T featherlight
           Pinch of xanthan gum
           2 – 3 cups milk
           1 – 2 cubs beef bouillon

When I make mushroom gravy I don't ever measure anything.  I just add enough milk to make it the thickness I want.  I also add the bouillon until it tastes right.  Anyway, just saute the mushrooms, onions and butter.  Add flour and xanthan gum and stir until heated through.  Stir in milk and bouillon and whisk.  Cook until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment