desserts

Friday, November 5, 2010

Cheesecake

This is one of my all time favorite desserts!  Indulge!

1 1/2 cups crushed GF cookies
4 tablespoons melted butter
4 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons Featherlight flour
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 325º.  Put the crushed cookies (any kind works) into a spring form pan.  Pour the melted butter on top and mix around.  Press the crust into the bottom of the pan.  Bake for 9 - 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 450º.  Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and flour, until smooth.  Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.  And sour cream and vanilla.  Mix.  Pour onto the crust and bake for 10 minutes.  Turn down the temperature of the oven to 250º.  Bake for 1 hour.  Cool and serve with your favorite topping.

Note:  I like to smash up berries and sweeten them with powdered sugar for the topping.
          My husband and I really like the cheesecake served the next day after being refrigerated overnight.

1 comment:

  1. I have made this recipe of yours, and it is sooooo good! Travis and I love it the next day too!!

    ReplyDelete