desserts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rachelle's Gluten Free Stuffing

Thanksgiving is delicious with this stuffing!  I've tried gluten free bread in the past and it was okay, but not great.  A few years ago I decided to use my waffles instead!  It truly was scrumptious!  I just make a big batch of waffles so I have plenty of leftovers for the stuffing.  This recipe serves about 8 to 10 people, so if you're serving more than that, you might want to double it.


5 cups GF waffles, toasted and cut in small cubes
4 cups celery, diced (about 7 celery ribs)
2 cups onion, diced
1/2 cup butter
1 cup water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

In a small pan, bring the bouillon and water to a boil, then remove from heat.  In a separate pan, saute celery, onion and butter until soft.  Add waffles, chicken broth and poultry seasoning.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Bake in a greased casserole dish for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through.

Note:  I have a large Belgium waffle iron.  This recipe uses about 8 or 9 waffle quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment